Did You Know...
Did you know...
- Drinking 8 bottles of store-bought water a day could cost up to $1,400 per year? Drinking that same amount of water from your tap would cost about $.50 per year
- Yesterday's wasteful water treatment technologies require 17 gallons of water just to TREAT 1 GALLON coming into your home
- A shower can use on average 15 to 30 gallons of water and if chlorine levels are high the water coming into your home, much of the chlorine can be absorbed into your skin and lungs as you bathe
- Many pharmaceuticals, DNA, chemicals from cleaning products, and other contaminants are washed into our aquifers
- Children in the first 6 months of life consume seven times as much water per pound as the average American adult
- 1 apple requires 18 gallons of water to grow
- 1/3 of what the world spends on bottled water in one year could pay for projects providing water to everyone in need
- Approximately 400 billion gallons of water are used in the United States per day. WaterCrest helps reduce water waste by eliminating the need for backwashing and wasteful storage tanks
- Showering in water containing chlorine can cause the air in the shower to contain as much as 33% chlorine vapor